Many of our pet medications can be made in many different forms (oral treats, transdermal gel, capsule, powder, suspension/solution, spray, sublingual drop/tablet, etc.). For oral dosage forms, we can add flavors that your pets enjoy.
Some common pet medications and dosage forms are listed below.
This dosage form is applied to the skin inside of the animal’s ear flap, also known as the pinna.
- Methimazole: for hyperthyroidism in cats.
- Amitriptyline: for separation anxiety in your dog or excessive grooming, urine spraying, or anxiety in cats. Can be used in some other animals.
- Cisapride: for GI motility issues in cats.
- Acepromazine Maleate: for motion sickness in dogs.
- Prednisolone: for helping inflamed areas, decrease swelling, redness, itching, allergic reactions and for supportive care during stressful periods.
- Diethylstilbestrol (DES): for sphincter incontinence in female dogs
- Potassium Bromide: for Canine and Feline Seizures and Epilepsy.
- Cisapride: for nausea due to motility problems in the stomach.
- Amlodipine Besylate: for hypertension, or high blood pressure, in cats and dogs.
Flavored Solutions and Suspensions
- Diethylstilbestrol: for urinary incontinence in dogs.
- Phenobarbital: for seizures in dogs.
- Acetylcysteine: for degenerative Myelopathy.
Please call us at 604-336-7462 to discuss pet medications not listed here as this is just a few of our more common pet medications, although the list would be endless.